SUGGESTION: Copy the questions below, answer them, and then email me your responses!
NOTE: Thanks to Toni Fine for developing these questions!
- Other than their children, what would they be most proud of?
- What would be their greatest regret?
- What would be their most treasured memories?
- What would be their most treasured values? (I.e. what would they be willing to speak up for or against within the family, the country, or in other situations?)
- What people or events most shaped who they were? How?
- What would they personally want to see carried on in the family (maybe after the answer of religion)?
- What qualities did they embody? (e.g., tenacity, wisdom, humor, outspokenness, …)
- What would you have guessed would have been their secret ambition, hope, or dream?
- After survival, financial security and health, what is the one thing that would have made them really happy?
- What in the world of politics bothered them most?
- What in the world of religion bothered them most?
- What in the world of family bothered them most? (Please don’t give names!!! Speak in generalities.)
- What hobbies did they have? What recreational activities did they enjoy?
- Tell us about any other defining character traits or physical characteristics.
DISCLAIMER: THIS IS WORK IN PROGRESS. WE ARE NOT SURE THIS INFORMATION IS ENTIRELY CORRECT, AND WE KNOW IT IS INCOMPLETE.